Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Namma Dakshina Kannada

Being away from my home town for nearly two years had grown inside me as a strong desire to visit the coastal towns of Karnataka again. After being postponed nearly three times, my trip was confirmed...Welcome to my journey, a journey through the frozen frames from my memory. Walking through the streets of Mangalore, hunting for interesting insects and flowers in my grandma's garden, watching the sun set behind the calm waters of a river, a fisherman bringing in the day's catch, birdwatching in the bends of the Kudhremukh Highway, shaking off the wriggly leeches, soaking in the cool and refreshing atmosphere in the mountains, watching the mist crawling towards us, playing in the rain along the edge of swollen stream. These are some of the prominent segments of my 'memory-playback'. Take a peek...

pup :)
Lonely Pup

Brooms
Brooms for sale

Juiced !
Juiced!

Those crunchy golden bajjis...
The vendor and his golden bajjis


Need just one coin

Bringing in the days catch
Tugging at the day's catch

Blue sky...
Move on or fall prey to a high-speed coconut

Ixora flower
Ixora flowers

Lynx Spider
A Lynx spider waiting...

fern
Out of the darkness

Watching as the clouds arrive
Watching the clouds arrive

Sunset at Sultan Battery
Even the sun sleeps...

Lush Vegetation
Lush Forest

Misty hills...
Chilly hills, rolling mists

Thirsty for blood
Thirsty for blood

A part of the forest now...
Conquered by the forest

Muscle in the mountains...
Muscle in the mountains

Leading into the unknown...
A path leading into the unknown...

Moss on wall
Moss on wall

Tulsi(Basil) flower
A Basil flower

Rain rain
Rain = Fun, in Karkala

...and just as there is an end to everything that is enjoyable, I opened my eyes and the scenes in front of me dissolved. I was back into the future.

19 comments:

ganman said...

Hi Aditya,

Your narration transports the reader to the scene captured by your lens. Your last picture on rains is awsome - one can feel the rains as fun your bro and sis r having!

DV said...

Hey Aditya .... superb moments ... wonderful ... envy you !!!

Rahul K. said...

Amazing photographs Aditya =D Can't wait to see more.

Unknown said...

ita awesome...hw do u all tht.its superb....karkala s really coool. i have been there.... waitng 4 more......:) ALL THE BEST...

عبدالرحمن الخميس said...

seems to be lovely journey

loved the pictures :)

Shiva Shankar said...

Nice photo series Aditya.

Unknown said...

nice pics:):)...like always :):)...loved the narration part:):)

May said...

Hi! awesome pics and narration :)

Akshay said...

Great work..:)Keep goin...

preethij said...

amazin!!

Rohan Kamath said...

Hi Aditya,

This is very nicely done. Do keep up the great work and looking forward to many more beautiful images which will I'm sure house even more stories.

-Regards,
Rohan

Aditi said...

Wooww.. this is fantastic..truly amazing.. Eye catching pics and images.. truly fascinating..Keep up the good work and All The Best..!!!

ashkrish said...

hey aditya
nice pictures!!!!!!
mom liked them too.
aishu

Uma said...

Adi, these shots are brilliant!! You have such an eye for great composition! I loved the macro shots, and the one of the bajji vendor, the brooms and the path into the mist especially!! You are truly talented!

Aditya Kamath said...

Thank you all for visiting, I really appreciate the encouragement. Keep visiting and stay tuned for more from my blog!

Prakruthi said...

Love the photos!
Here are my favs:
The golden bajjis lol, 'even the sun sleeps' 'out of the darkness', the unknown path, the coconut tree.
The leech and the spider however will give me nightmares, thanks very much. =D

Nageshmanthu said...

Hi Aditya,
Thank you Aditya for taking me (& many of your fans)through a journey back to the golden memories of my childhood. It is like 'a single picture can tell a better story than thousand words'. As the saying goes'Eyes see what your mind knows' is what you have been able to capture in those beautiful moments in time. It(your art) can only get better with the times!!!
Nageshmanthu

Meera said...

Adithya, It's coincidental that I now live at Manipal. You left me a comment on my Hebbal lake blog.

Learn Digital Marketing said...

What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.