Friday, December 12, 2008

Closer to my lens...


Have you ever wondererd what lurks behind that bush, what moved behind that leaf, what whizzed past your ear? Welcome to the world of little things, a little kingdom hiding itself from most of us. 

If you have seen my other photographs, you must have noticed that I mostly shoot closeups. That's because I use a point-and-shoot camera with a poor zoom capacity. Nevertheless, I thank my camera (especially my parents for the cam), for it has helped me come closer to the little creatures that hide from us.



Potter Wasp

I think while looking for nature, people tend to focus more on larger creatures like birds, or tigers or elephants, etc. What most of us forget is that apart from the large creatures, there is  a huge variety of small creatures, be it wasps, dragonflies, beetles, butterflies, etc. that are magnificent to look at. They have their own big role to play to maintain a balance in nature.



Globe Skimmer dragonfly


When I find a small creature and fix my lens, I'm always facinated by it's size and it's complexity, be it in the form of it's colours, or shape of the body. How this small beauty works is another fascinaton.



Unknown dragonfly


Ladybird


Common Palmfly 


                                                                    Handmaiden Moth

Not only have I been attracted towards tiny bugs, but I also like shooting anthying that I can shoot from close proximity to my lens. This includes inanimate objects like leaves, bark, water droplets, etc. Here are a few more photographs.


 Bark of a Pine tree

Droplets on rose leaves 

Shooting in macro not only gives me satisfaction, but has also helped me realize that 'Size dosen't matter'.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Photographs...and nice writeup :)

Take Care :)

-Anjali

Anonymous said...

wow...beautiful..
keep posting more

Anonymous said...

those are some really nice snaps i saw in some while^__^
kudos
if yu arent in flickr...do join it
its a place for such good stuff.

Kaber Vasuki said...

Brilliant!, I'll start following you blog

Purva said...

beautiful pictures!!! where have these been clicked and which camera do you use?

Unknown said...

Loved the ladybird photo...

I use a downloadable PDF to id any dragonflies. Perhaps you will find it useful.

http://www.ias.ac.in/initiat/sci_ed/lifescape/odonates-introduction.pdf

There are 3 pdfs, introduction, dragonflies and damselflies.

anoop said...

very decent photographs.
I mostly do landscapes, but that doesnt mean that i dont appreciate macro photography.

indicaspecies said...

A lovely set of shots. Well done!

Cruz said...

Globe Skimmer is kewl, considering da fact tht u dint disturb it...wats da spec of ur macro!

Lorraine said...

nice photography aditya... and i like your style of writing as well. it's light and easy and i can almost visualise stuff ...